It’s a fact, acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions. Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or that opening drapes and blinds and turning on all lights make a room seem bright and cheery?
Here are inexpensive ways to maximize your home’s selling potential
- Keep the grass freshly cut.
- Remove all yard clutter.
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
- Paint the front door.
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint home’s exterior.
- Tighten and clean all door handles.
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knickknacks (consider a temporary self-storage unit).
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
- Clean all light fixtures.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open drapes in the daytime.
- Keep pets secured outdoors.
- Play quiet background music.
- Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate).
- Infuse home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown.