REALTOR® is a federally registered collective membership mark which identifies a real estate professional who is member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.
A real estate agent’s job is to help guide you through the complexities of buying or selling a property. Your Realtor is committed to protecting your interests throughout the entire transaction with the integrity, honor, professionalism, and expertise that meets the high standards set by the “Realtor” name. And Realtors have access to more and more sophisticated tools to help sellers market their properties to the right audience, help buyers find just the right home, and make the entire process run smoothly. You’ll find your Realtor isn’t just an expert on your local real estate market, but also a trusted adviser who can help you navigate a complex transaction
How do Realtors and Real Estate Agents help me?
If you’re buying, your Realtor ® can:
- help you determine how much home you can afford
- explain financing options and help you find the right loan
- assist in your home search through the local Multiple Listing Service, or with houses you find through Realtor.com and other Web sites
- provide objective data about each property — including helping find information you might not realize is available
- provide negotiating expertise, and help resolve any issues that arise with the seller that could delay closing or void the contract
- help you get and understand any homeowner association documents
- coordinate appraisals and other issues your lender may require
- help you determine what inspections are necessary, such as for dry rot, asbestos, and mold, and the condition of the roof and septic tank — just to name a few
- explain earnest money deposits, escrow accounts, and closing costs
- go on a final walk through to make sure everything is in order and any repairs have been made properly
If you’re selling, your Realtor ® can:
- go over the market conditions to help you set the right price for your home based on everything from size and condition to recent sales in your neighborhood
- find the best places to market your property — including the local Multiple Listing Service and other channels that may not be available to the general public
- help prepare or “stage” your home for sale by suggesting small improvements that can make a big difference — everything from arranging furniture to choosing the right paint color
- take professional photos and video, and make sure they’re included in your home’s advertising
- coordinate inspections, appraisals, and other issues to ensure a smooth closing
- provide negotiating expertise, and help resolve any issues that arise with the buyer that could delay closing or void the contract
Buying or selling a house is the largest financial investment most people make, and it’s one of the most complex. You need to think about financing, appraisals, zoning regulations, short sales, repairs, and more. Realtors are here to help.
Schedule Your:Buyer Consultation Pre-Listing Consultation What is my Home Worth?